Boen Repair Kit For Oiled Floors
The Boen Repair Kit for oiled floors is used for the partial repair of natural oiled surfaces. Contents of the kit are – repair instructions, abrasive paper P150 and abrasive web P360, 0.125ml of oil, paint brush and cleaning cloths. For Golden Valley and Indian Summer please select transparent as the option.
Please allow 7 – 10 days for delivery.
This is a special order item and cannot be returned
In order to repair major damages, it is possible to re-treat single boards or single parquet strips using the repair oil. In order to obtain the best possible uniform look, please follow these steps:
1. Grinding the surface in direction of the wood grain using abrasive paper with a grit of P150 (rough grinding). Then please use the abrasive pad grit P360 for finishing. In order to obtain a uniform grinding look, we recommend you to use a sanding block. Tools: sanding paper P150, sanding block.
2. Before the treatment, thoroughly clean and remove the dust from the area (e.g. using a cloth or vacuum-cleaner).
3. Then treat the surface using a paint brush and the Solid Finish Oil transparent. Apply once a thin layer of oil in direction of the wood grain. (For white oiled surfaces: Solid Finish Oil, white). Remove surplus material with a maintenance pad. Tools: paint brush, maintenance pad.
4. Allow the repaired spot to dry overnight.
5. Then slightly plane the dried out surface in direction of the wood grain using the abrasive pad P360.
6. Clean the surface / remove the dust using a cloth or vacuum cleaner.
7. Then treat the surface a second time by applying a layer of Solid Finish Oil transparent with the help of a paint brush. (For white oiled surfaces: Solid Finish Oil, white)
8. Allow the repaired spot to dry overnight.
9. If required, slightly polish the repaired spot using BOEN Oil Freshen Up and a polishing cloth, in order to adapt the degree of gloss.(For white oiled surfaces: BOEN Oil Freshen Up white)