QA Universal Adhesive 14kg Tub
QA Universal Adhesive is for rapid and reliable installation of dryback LVT floorings and acoustic underlays. It is a versatile adhesive which can be used in both dry-tack and wet-set applications. It is also suitable for high temperature applications, so can be used with underfloor heating systems. QA Universal Adhesive is a high performance wet, semi wet or pressure sensitive adhesive. LVT fitters, overall, would prefer to fit on a pressure sensitive (PS) adhesive.
• QA Universal Adhesive is a true pressure sensitive adhesive.
• QA are the only LVT supplier presently offering a high-performance PS adhesive.
• More fitter friendly – higher initial grab and faster drying.
• It achieves a “hard set” once fully cured helping to stabilise tiles in problematic conditions.
• High strength when fully set – pull-off tests have shown that the smoothing compound will fail before the
• It has a wet open time of 30-45 minutes.
• It has a pressure sensitive open time of 4-5 hours. Shelf life is 12 months.
• Coverage when applied with an A2 notch is 55-65m2 per 14kg.
• Can be used as a contact adhesive.
• Suitable for all types of floor covering and all types of subfloor.
• Suitable for areas of high footfall and castor wheel traffic.
• QA Universal Adhesive is approved for use with Luvanto LVT flooring and QA Acoustic Underlays and will
be covered by the Warranty.
• It is low-emission, solvent-free and odourless.
• Much more versatile – QA Universal Adhesive is suitable for multiple installation methods and over
underfloor heating and some exposure to sunlight – One adhesive for most applications.
• Better coverage per tub – 70sqm per 14kg tub of Universal compared to 60sqm per 15L tub of existing
• Closest other brand adhesives on the market are, Uzin KE49 HT / Uzin KE2000 S / Thomsit KE188 E.
• Soft set pressure sensitives which allow a lot of tile movement, F Ball F46 / 7 / 8, Mapei Ecofix, Ardex PS.
• When left for extended periods, the surface must be kept free from possible dust contamination.
• When used with acoustic underlays the adhesive notch can be reduced to A4, or the adhesive needs
to be back rolled to reduce notch size and speed up drying.
• When used with acoustic underlays the adhesive on the top surface must be allowed to fully dry before
placing the tile. Going into wet adhesive will inhibit the adhesive drying and could cause issues.
• Adhesive that takes a long time to dry is either being laid in poor conditions or has been applied too
thick. Drying can be speeded up by back rolling with a roller pre-wetted in the adhesive.